Saturday, May 11, 2013

“I don’t want to cry!” - Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has revealed
that Sir Alex Ferguson,
specifically called to inform
him about his retirement -
news that left him totally
devastated.

The Real Madrid
manager, who was
in the running to
replace the Scot, also admitted
that playing at Old Trafford, will
never be the same again.

"When Sir Alex called me to give
me the honour of knowing
from him his decision, I was
surprised and sad," he told Sky
Sports.

"It will be difficult for me, and I
think all managers, to go to Old
Trafford and play against
Manchester United without this
mythical figure waiting for us.

"At the same time, I was happy
to feel his emotion, and pride
for such an amazing career."

Ferguson's last home game in
charge of the Red Devils, will be
on Sunday against Swansea
and Mourinho says he will be
too emotional to watch the
match.

"No, certainly not - no, I don't
want to cry!" he replied, when
asked if he will see the game.

The former Chelsea and Porto
boss also went on to praise
David Moyes, who has been
chosen as ferguson's
successor, on a six-year deal.

"I think David is a great choice,"
he added. "I like him as a
person; I like his character as a
manager. I believe Manchester
United will support him, I think
he has the qualities to do a
good job.

"I wish Sir Alex a happy life, and
I wish David a successful career
at Old Trafford."

Talking about his own future,
Mourinho indicated he had
informed Sir Alex about where
his next destination in
management will be.

"We are good friends, and my
good friends know which club I
would like to manage when I
finish my work at Real Madrid."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.