Thursday, May 16, 2013

I love Indian hemp, my members & i eat it – Pastor arrested for kidnapping

General overseer
of Divine Justice
Church, Owerri,
Imo State, Pastor Clement
Ezeigbo, who is currently
cooling his heels in the police
Anti Kidnap Unit of the state
police command, told the
police: "I don't know anything
about kidnapping but I am the
owner of the Indian hemp
(Igbo) but the good thing is
that I don't smoke it but I use it
to prepare my food. I enjoy
eating food prepared with
Indian hemp."

"I don't think there is anything
wrong when you use Indian
hemp to prepare your food; it
gives inspiration and it makes
one have sober reflection and
that is why I recommend it to
my Church members. I use to
preach to my members against
smoking it but I encourage
them to cook their food with
hemp. "Some of my members
do prepare some delicacies
with it, which they serve me. I
love Indian hemp because after
eating Indian hemp, it gives me
inspiration, then when I mount
the pulpit, you will notice the
efficacy of hemp."

Explaining what brought him to
the police, he told CrimeWatch
that "on the fateful day, I was in
my Church, praying when the
police stormed the place,
claiming they were looking for
some kidnappers, who used to
hide their victims near my
Church. I told them that I was
not aware of the hideouts of
kidnappers. You see, it was
while searching my Church that
they saw the Indian hemp. Well,
I did not deny ownership of the
hemp, it belongs to me; I love
it."

When he was confronted by
Crime- Watch whether it was
right for a man of God to
indulge in using Indian hemp,
he said: "Let any man show me
where it was written in the
bible that thou should not cook
with Indian hemp." The state
Commissioner of Police, Mr.
Mohammed Katsina, told
CrimeWatch that some
kidnappers were living beside
the Church. He said some
victims were rescued by the
police, who stormed the scene.
Katsina said the pastor and
other accomplices took to their
heels on sighting the police.

He said the police were able to
arrest the pastor. According to
him, when a search was
conducted on the Church
premises, a bundle of Indian
hemp was recovered. The CP
added that the police were on
the trail of the runaway
kidnappers, who escaped
arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.