Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yoruba actress Foluke Daramola says she was raped

Foluke Daramola

Yoruba actress, Foluke Daramola-Salako, in a recent interview made a shocking revelation on how she lost her virginity to rapists when she was very young.

The actress, who is currently championing the course of her Non-Government Organisation, Action Against Rape In Africa, explained that her experiences as female child played a vital role in the establishment of the NGO.

The NGO is also supported by her colleagues including Fathia Balogun, Ronke Ojo, Eniola Badmus and Ayo Adesanya.

She said "I have had different experiences; I have been in a marriage once, I was abused in it, I was deflowered by rapists, I lost my father when I was two years-old, it wasn't easy at all. I started acting when I was a teenager because I needed to put food on my table and to further my education. In fact, I share the same experiences with the common man and that is why I want to do something to assist them.

"I had a younger brother and I never get to have a father figure in my life. As I grew up, my environment exposed me to danger and that was why I was deflowered at an early stage."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.