Friday, July 18, 2014

9-year-old South African boy renews marital vows with his 62-year-old wife

In 2013, 8-year-old South
African school boy Saneie Masilela made headlines for marrying a 61 year old South African woman to "make ancestors happy".

Saneie, now 9 years old is the world's youngest groom for the second time after remarrying the 62-year-old woman he married last year.

Although other villagers and onlookers describe the nuptials as "sickening", the young groom dressed in a silver tuxedo says he did it again to make the marriage "official".

Not minding the 53-year-age gap, they repeated their vows a year later in front of 100 guests. His bride Helen Shabangu is a mother of 5, with children aged between 28 and 38 years old.

Both families claim the wedding is a simply "ritual" after the young school boy was told by his dead ancestors to wed last year. The boy however hopes he would have a proper wedding to a woman his age in the future.

"I told my mother that I wanted to get married because I really did want to. I'm happy that I married Helen – but I will go to school and study hard. When I'm older I will marry a lady my own age. I chose Helen because I love her and, although we don't live together all the time, we meet at the dumping site where my mother works regularly."

Helen also told reporters that she is excited that Saneie chose her. "One day Sanele would grow normally and have family of his own and get married one day, all this ceremony is for making ancestors happy. We are playing." she said.

The young boy's mother is also fine with the wedding, telling journalists; "He was just happy to get married, very excited and was not embarrassed about it. So much so he wanted to do it again. After the wedding last year people keep asking them question like will they live together, sleep together, have babies but I keep telling them that after the wedding everything went back to normal – nothing changed. Sanele moved to Venda not long after the wedding because he wanted to learn a new language, but they are very close. Our families are very close. It was nice celebrate with a wedding once more, it was after all a calling from the ancestors. By doing this we made the ancestors happy. If we hadn't done what my son had asked then something bad would have happened in the family."

# I'm speechless!! Like seriously? ancestors? what ancestors?? What do you think about this?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if is because I don't believe in any ancestors but only GOD. I mean when someone has passed life its done with him or her those people don't exist, but people can still dream about them. still that doesn't mean what they say in your dreams you should do them. I find it as waist of time and really having other gods you praise aside that you fear more than your GOD. this is shocking breaking news...

    ReplyDelete

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.