Friday, October 10, 2014

The true love story between Linda Ikeji and the guy who got Google to shut down her blog

Linda Ikeji and Aye Dee

Linda Ikeji's blog is now back online, about 24 hours after being shut down by Google for copyright infringement and plagiarism which was filed by one Mr Aye Dee.

The celebrity blogger this morning took to her blog to explain what really happened. "What happened with my blog wasn't about beef. It wasn't because I showed off my new SUV. It wasn't about plagiarism, or copyright infringement. It was something deeper, very personal and maybe even more dangerous. Some would call it obsession." she wrote.

Narrating what happened, Linda said in 2009 or 2010 a guy named Alex who used to run 1976AD blog contacted her, he said he was impressed with her work and wanted to encourage her to never relent. They became very good friends online. "In fact he was my confidant. Every time I had questions or challenges, I would reach out to him." she wrote.

Linda said suddenly they stopped talking. He tried to reach out to her mid last year but she can't remember if she responded. "It was about love turning to hate because he felt I'd abandoned him after I became big" that made him get Google to shut down her blog.

Meanwhile, some people think this whole saga is a publicty stunt. Maybe Linda removed her own blog as a publicity ploy hatched with Mr Aye Dee to further popularize her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.