Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I don’t know my political future – Governor Fashola

With six months left in his tenure, Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola has said he does not know what his next step in politics would be.

"I don't know honestly. I do well in multitasking. I have a job to do that runs until May 2015. And up till now people haven't stopped asking me and my government for services. My mandate expires on the 29th of May and I'm going to give my best shot until the very final hour." he said.

Fashola, who said this during an interview with Channels Television, noted that in spite of the efforts of the Peoples Democratic Party, his party, the All Progressives Congress, would retain Lagos State in 2015.

He added that that he hoped that his successor would be able to do better than he has done.

On whether he would influence the emergence of the next governor of Lagos, Fashola said it was left for the electorate to decide.

"I've met those who are running for governor on the platform of my party and I think all of them are good enough to lead us but the ultimate choice of who will lead us will depend on the larger body polity and the registered voters," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.