Saturday, November 22, 2014

I failed the nation but sacking me won’t solve Eagles' problems - Coach Keshi

Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi, has hinted that he wants to retain his Job despite the fact that he failed to qualify Nigeria for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

"If a team fails, sacking the coach won't solve the problem. The authority should look beyond the coach to find solutions to the problem," Keshi said.

Keshi, who has been working without a contract since the expiration of his last deal after the World Cup, admitted that the failure to qualify for the 2015 AFCON is a failure on his part.

"I can't deny it is a shame that we failed to qualify, on my part I failed the nation but my players took South Africa for granted in a match they need to win."

Keshi's agent Emma Addo was however silent on his client future, but echoed Keshi's sentiment that the problems of the team go beyond the coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.