Monday, December 29, 2014

85-year-old man arrested for raping 7-year-old girl

The Edo State police Command has arrested an 85-year-old man, Peter Elaiho, for allegedly defiling a 7-year-old girl at Use, Ogida quarters, in Egor local government area of the state.

According to the victim's mother, Mrs. Ogieva, who claimed to be a
food vendor, the suspect lured her daughter into his apartment after sending her to buy local gin.

She said she had gone to the building owned by the octogenarian, where she usually left her children in care of her sister, to check on her sick son but did not see her daughter.

She said, "I did not see my daughter. I later heard her shouting. I traced the shouting to he landlord's room, a man who is about 85 years old."

"I rushed there and saw the man naked. I gripped the man and both of us fell inside the chair. The man was begging me to settle but my shout attracted people.

"When they checked my daughter's vagina, they saw blood stains and sperm. I went to the police station and the man was arrested."

Mrs. Ogieva who noted that a tear in her daughter's private part had been confirmed in a clinic on the order of the police, said, the suspect also threatened to kill the victim, if she shouted.

She also alleged that she had been offered N1 million by relatives of the suspect for the case to be withdrawn but refused because she wanted justice to be done.

"The family of the man has been begging me to close the case but I refused because the doctor said my child had to be checked and to also ascertain whether the man has any disease.

"The child is too small for a man that is 85. I don't want money. They are promising to give me N1m but I want justice from the government," she said.

It was learnt that the case had since been transferred to the command headquartres for further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.