Sunday, December 21, 2014

Wizkid opens up on his relationship status, explains why he shows off his wealth on social media

Wizkid

Wizkid is definitely not getting married anytime soon. The Star Boy boss in an interview with The Nation talked about his relationship status, showing off his wealth on social media, working with Chris Brown and other things. Read excerpt below...

Is Wizkid single and searching?

Wizkid is just a star boy, having fun and mingling things (laughs).

No wedding on your card?

There is nothing like that.

Expecting any child soon?

Expecting ke?

Wizkid like showing off his wealth on social media…

Yes, didn't use to have all these things now. I hustled to get them. From where I am coming from, if I get all these things, I have to show them to motivate. You knew me in my Surelere days now; did I use to wear gold chain? Abi na lie I dey lie? No be lie now. So if I get all these type of things, you go thank God. I need to motivate boys for street. I no dey thief, I no dey do any other thing dan music.

Talking about investment, where are you sinking your money?

Properties and jewellery… I don't spend money on stupid things. I just try as much as possible to do me. I'm a grown man. I have problems too. I have a child I'm taking care of. I have responsibilities too, believe it or not.

You talked about doing a song with Chris Brown, when is it dropping? And did you pay for it?

Yeah, yeah I have a song with Chris Brown. Done actually; we are shooting the video in about two or three weeks. It's going to drop early next year. Did I pay to do it? No, no payment at all. I don't pay anyone for collaborations men. I've never paid for collaboration because I'm confident of the type of music that I make.

Every now and then, people call you out. Is wizkid such a terrible person?

I tire o. I tire for the matter o. Well, people have their opinion about other people. People say you are terrible. The thing you should actually do is ask those people what exactly has this guy done to you? For four years that I was making music with Samklef, everyone knew who Samklef was; I was going up and down and saying Samklef noni, Right? You understand wetin I dey try talk. So I'm really just being me. I 'm just trying to be a good person. Everyone cannot like you. And everyone cannot hate you.

What's your five years' plan for Star Boy?

Yeah, we are working on the first Star Boy album now. We are shooting a video for all the songs. I 'm pretty much trying to create a platform and just help as many talents as I can. Just put a lot of young people on. There are a lot of talented young people in this country but the platform is not there for everyone. So I'm going to try in my own little way to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.