Sunday, December 28, 2014

Yvonne Nelson denies being a lesbian

Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson has denied the speculations that she's a lesbian or at best a bi-sexual. The actress who spoke to Vanguard's Ekerete Udoh in New York, said the rumor was aimed at spoiling her name.

"I am not a lesbian. Lesbianism is against my religious beliefs, it's against my cultural norms and I think it was very mischievous for people to insinuate such about someone they hardly knew. The rumor was started by a notorious website in Ghana last year when they reported that they had never seen me with a man. In their warped and twisted calculation, I was thus a lesbian. Can you imagine such crass reasoning?

"That they had not seen me with a man, and may have seen me with my girlfriends going out to have fun, and then automatically I was a lesbian. It was a hatchet job – an attempt to discredit me, but they all failed. I am heterosexual and would remain one till the end. When you are in the public light as I have been blessed and privileged to being, your life becomes a public property and some mischievous people will say all manner of things about you. It comes with the territory, so I forgive them." she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.