Tuesday, January 6, 2015

3-year-old girl narrates how she was raped by a 25-year-old man in Lagos

A three-year-old kindergarten class two girl, Chinasa, has vividly recalled how she was allegedly defiled by a 25-year-old man, Hamzat Afeez, a painter who lived in her parents' house.

During a visit to the residence on Remi Ogunjimi Street, in the Egbeda area of Lagos State, the minor told PUNCH Metro how Afeez raped her and afterwards washed her pants to get rid of blood stains that came out of her private parts.

She said, "AZ (Afeez) took my sister inside his room and I followed him inside. AZ now removed my pants and put his thing in my bum-bum (private parts).

"Then blood came out on the bed. He now washed my pants. He now said he wanted to go and bath. I now went out and told my mummy. When my daddy came back, I also told my daddy."

The victim's father, Mr. Okechukwu, who said his worry was how the memory of the incident would not hunt his daughter in the. future, said his daughter's health had deteriorated, adding that she had not been the same since the incident.

He said, "I have two kids. She is my first child, while I also have an eight-month-old girl. On the fateful day, I was at work on the Island when my wife called me around 2pm and told me the story.

"She said she was washing some clothes when AZ came out and asked to carry Ngozi, her baby, to relieve her of the stress. Chinansa is fond of her sister and she always followed her wherever she went. So, she followed AZ inside his room. It was when she came out that she told her mother that 'AZ did rubbish to me'. She told me the same story."

PUNCH correspondent was shown an affidavit sworn to by Okechukwu, saying he was made to accept money from the suspect for the treatment of his daughter.

An undertaken, signed by Afeez, a copy of which was sighted by PUNCH correspondent, also showed the suspect agreeing to pay the sum of N100, 000 for the medical treatment of Chinansa.

Okechukwu said the suspect later said he could only afford to pay N40, 000 for the treatment.

The matter has since been reported at the Gowon Estate Police Station, but the victim's father says the rapist is not remorseful.

"There is no remorse in that guy. He has not approached me or my wife to beg for forgiveness. A policeman, who observed his behaviour while at the station, said he might be a cultist and his gang probably wanted to use my daughter's blood for ritual purpose.

"That thought has kept me troubled and I am uncomfortable with my girl's health condition. I don't care what the government does with the suspect, all I want is help for my girl," he added.

When contacted, the suspect denied the allegation saying "I have handed them over to God,"

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we don't talk about our celebs, who will? Share your thoughts by commenting.